Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tattoos...Good or Bad?

Ok so...I've always wanted a tattoo. Don't know why but it's something that's appealed to me for a while. I like tattoos that have special meanings behind them...something that wasn't a total waste of money. Now as a Christian tattoos are suppose to be this taboo thing, but I don't look at it that way. Of course when I was younger there was no way my parents was gonna let me get a tattoo but now that I'm out on my own I decided that I really do want a tattoo. I figured I'd wait a little while after I got out of the house to make sure that it's something I really want, and surprise suprise...it's a desire that hasn't gone away. So tonight, I'm going to get it.

Now this is something that I've struggled with. My mom realizes that she can't stop me so she supports me in whatever I decide. On the other hand, I haven't even bothered to tell my dad lol. Then there are those friends who are so adamant about me NOT getting one. I've been shown all kinds of scriptures in the bible and while their arguments are legit I still want this. My only concern is God and I don't feel that this is something that could send me to hell. Now I can't deny that it says in the bible that markings on the body is wrong but that is in the Old Testament and I feel that I can't base my life and decisions on something that was in effect years before Jesus came to earth. Is getting a tattoo wrong??? I don't think so but everyone has his/her own opinion and I'm sticking with mine. I've thought it through and I've prayed about it, and I don't feel like I'm about to committ some great sin. I know this won't make it better for some people but my tattoo will have GREAT meaning to me. So here's the idea...



It won't be exactly like this...but this is what I have in my head. For me this represents trusting God with my heart and knowing that in his hands I can make a beautiful transformation which is what the butterfly represents. Tattoos are different for everyone. This is just my opinion and my desire. I don't think tattoos are good or bad. Either way this is something I want to do.

--> J.Lowe

1 comment: